The fire that started in one of the rooms of the prestigious Sunbird Mount Soche Hotel in Blantyre on Monday evening has been contained, courtesy of the fire brigade and the hotel staff.
According to the statement released by the hotel’s management, the fire started due to a burst steamer.
“Our control was put on high alert for an imminent emergency tripping of the line supplying part of Blantyre,” the fire brigade and hotel management are quoted in a joint statement.
It is reported that the fire brigade and the hotel’s operational staff rushed to the site within minutes and managed to quickly put out the fire.
“Fortunately, the fire was contained in the affected room before it spread to the rest of the building and operations were back to normal,” concluded the statement.