From: Compol Nr.
To: All Stations, Post and Units
Orig. No: NR/20/2D. Date 31/10/2019. For traffic officers, Complaint from the general public for unprincipled way some officers are displaying whilst executing on the road. Management has noted with concern that some officers institute unnecessary Traffic check point in cities and towns.
To confisticate Driving Licences from motorist without issuing Notification. To utter abusive words to offenders. To charge unrealistic offences to motorist and more. In this regards it is directed with immediate effect that
- Traffic check point without cashier is not allowed
- In Cities and towns there must be disgenated places for check points not anywhere for it will assist management in close supervison.
- No traffic officer is allowed to keep a driving licence for offender without the knowledge of the STO and such Licences must be in the custody of the STO
- In district and other policing jurisdiction not more than two check points are allowed on the road
- Make sure there must be traffic officers on shift on all road blocks
- Make sure point duties in cities and towns is a priority
7.No traffic check is allowed in peak hours or when assigned on operation duties.
- Traffic officers are strictly encouraged to exercise integrity and professionalism when executing traffic duties.
Whoever will act in contrast to this message, drastic measures will follow
S/Supt. M.G Chambakata
Regional Traffic Officer-North