Government through Courts Act Amendment Bill is proposing to increase the retirement age for judges from 65 to 70.
Through the current sitting of Parliament, the government plans to push for a bill to amend the Court Act to create Financial Crimes Court among others.
The development comes as the country’s courts continue to be overwhelmed with cases and delay in the prosecution of some financial and corruption cases.
Attorney General, Thabo Chakaka Nyirenda, says by increasing the retirement age for judges will enhance the delivery of justice in the country.
Minister of Foreign Affairs Nancy Tembo says government will set up a technical team to follow up on the agreements Read more
Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) under Martha Chizuma has sought time to organise witnesses in a case it is accusing businessperson Abdul Read more
Former President Peter Mutharika and his Democratic Progressive Party are threatening to seek legal redress from courts against Former Vice Read more
Minister of Finance Sosten Gwengwe has disclosed that the country’s debt has reached 6.38 trillion Kwacha from 5.6 trillion Kwacha Read more
Government’s commitment to ensuring transparency and accountability continues to gather momentum each passing day. This follows a meeting that President Read more
Alpha Arts, organisers of this year’s Miss Malawi Beauty Contest have today unveiled 28 contenders that have secured a top Read more
Details are emerging that organizers of 'Free Mussa John" demonstrations are planning to hold an emergency media briefing, tommorow, Sunday Read more
Immigration authorities in Lilongwe in conjunction with the International Organization for Migration (IOM) have repatriated the fourth phase of 39 Read more
Lawyer for social media influencer, Joshua Chisa Mbele, Gilbert Khonyongwa confirms that the defamation case between his client and Malawi Read more
- Jerome Chimg’onda Nkhoma Is Now Admarc Interim General Manager
- Court Orders Zameer Karim To Pay K6.2 Billion
- Govt To Follow Up On Bilateral Agreements
- Govt Fixing Fuel, Energy Challenges
- CHAKWERA HAS EARNED THE TITLE NGWAZI. CALL HIM 'NGWAZI DR LAZARUS CHAKWERA FROM TODAY
- Joyful Motherhood Receive financial boost of K1,500,000 from MyBucks Banking Corporation
- Commission-MHRC Given Kalibu Academy 7 days To Respond In Alleged Sexual Scandal Case
- Three Govt Officials Arrested For Human Trafficking
- Kabwira Appointed Acting Executive Director
- Malawi To Borrow K454.6 Billion