The police are citing constant sharing of fake news especially via social media, as a major cause of the security scare among the public.
According to the law enforcers, barely a few criminal cases have been recorded in the first quarter of 2022 in comparison to a similar period last year.
The explanation follows growing public concern about an apparent rise in mysterious deaths, including those involving serving public officers which many insist are targeted attacks.
National Police Spokesperson James Kadadzera, contends that the social media’s perception of the recent cases is creating unnecessary public panic.
This toilet constructed by Rumphi district council is worth 15.9 million kwacha according to the district council. This figure has Read more
A group of business people who applied for National Economic Empowerment Fund (Neef) loans in Mzuzu tstormed office premises for Read more
Malawi Police Service has engaged traditional healers in Mwanza on how to protect persons with albinism in the district. Speaking Read more
In a shocking tale to absorb, ACB boss Martha Chizuma has taken her corruption fight against her bosses, openly going Read more
According to Chitipa Police PRO Gladwell Simwaka, on March 7, 2022 the victim Blair Kuyokwa, 35, returned home in the Read more
By Falles Kamanga Investigations surrounding the much publicized alleged corrupt activities involving businessperson Zuneth Sattar and his associates is yet Read more
Police in Lilongwe have for the second time this month recovered household items and other property worth over 23 million Read more
*Police at Bangwe in Blantyre have arrested three suspects and recovered some items they allegedly stole at Namiyango Assemblies of Read more
The Citizen Advancement for Economic Revolution has described the anti-Ashok Nair demonstrations scheduled for tomorrow Wednesday as criminal in nature. Read more
Izi zadza chifukwa bread wakwela mtengo kufika pa 1 000 Kwacha m'modzi , m'magolosale ena. Akuluakulu ena omwe ali ndi Read more
- Minister hails Charity Water project
- 16 People Kill Themselves In Ntchisi
- Sitikupanga Nawo Ena Alandira K60 Million
- Controversial Transporter Kachere To Reappear Before Parliamentary Committee
- Police Commeny On Alleged Accidental Shooting In Lilongwe
- Escom Disconnect Govt Offices in Blantyre, Kazako Clears the Air.
- MEC Declares Local Government By-Elections Credible Free And Fair
- Bushiri Pledge To Support Lilongwe Based Mouth Painter
- Chakwera Defends Crop Inspection Tours
- Woman arrested for biting husband's ‘girlfriend’ in Ntchisi
- Fear grips Malawi’s Asian community over attacks, kidnapping
- Citizens For Impunity, Mbele Warns ACB To Stop Pursuing Case…
- Malawi Police zero on Indian Community’s kidnapper ring…
- Revealed: National Crime Agency In Crisis Over Unlawful…
- Chizuma Says Acb Has No Competent Lawyer To Handle Chilima’s…
- Martha Chizuma left in the cold as British NCA backtracks on…