Up to 93 percent of Malawians use contaminated water for their daily activities.
According to the National Statistical Office – NSO Statistician Atusaye Mwambyale, this is a 2019 – 2020 Malawi Multiple Indicator Survey- MICS study finding.
He is currently presenting the findings to some stakeholders in Mzuzu.
Mwambyale explains that about 60 percent of water is contaminated from the source while the figure rises to 93 percent at household level.
Stakeholders and responsible government agencies are yet to make their comments.
The Government of India has pledged continued support towards the implementation of the country's aspirations as outlined in Malawi 2063 Read more
Malawi Energy Regulatory Authority(MERA) has reduced the pump price of petrol by 10.28 percent. MERA says the recent trends in Read more
Government and a consortium of development partners have signed a K1 trillion agreement for the construction of a new 350 Read more
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) resident representative Shigeki Komatsubara has underscored the need for the private sector to concentrate on Read more
Government has applauded Northern Region Water Board (NRWB) for using solar energy to pump water as an alternative source of Read more
Labren Sondhi Director of Planning and Development at EGENCO says the blackouts that the country is experiencing now will end Read more
National Initiative for Civic Education (NICE) has called for new laws that will help to empower women to go for Read more
Parliamentary Committee on Natural Resources and Climate Change has summoned Electricity Generation Company (Egenco), Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi (Escom) Read more
Minister of Energy Ibrahim Matola is this morning engaging Electricity Generation Company (Egenco) on the intermittent power supply cuts the Read more
- Malawi Parliament passes Land Bill
- Malawi Legislators Slums Judiciary For Interference.
- MCP Launches National Skills Development Program
- Govt To Provide Adequate Investiment In Digitilisation
- UNESCO Practically Given Malawi Government Nod To Proceed With Water Development Project
- MINISTER MEETS SRWB OVER THE MANGOCHI WATER EXTENSION PROJECT INJUNCTION
- MACRA Launch The Universal Service Fund –
- Chakwera Launches Private Sector Lab
- 25% Devaluation Necessarily Evil- Gwengwe
- 20 Prisoners Officers Houses Ready Month End