The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) says the Kwacha is still overvalued and will depreciate further against the dollar at K1 224 by December this year.
In its forecast for Malawi, the EIU said the kwacha is expected to be undermined by a large current account deficit this year with high volatility expected in 2023 owing to the probable transition to less interventionist exchange rate regime.
The EIU, is a firm within the Economist Group of the United Kingdom which provides forecasting and advisory services.
In May, the Malawi government through the Reserve Bank of Malawi (RBM) devalued the kwacha by 25%.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has committed to support the country's quick economic recovery through its programmes. IMF managing director Read more
Today 3rd June 2022 is another memorable day in the history of women empowerment as Colleen Zamba has been sworn Read more
Hellen Buluma, the embattled NOCMA Acting CEO and a Democratic Progressiclve Party (DPP) National Governing Council Member recorded Former Minister Read more
Some concerned citizens under the banner ‘Mbadwa Zokhudzidwa Za Malawi’ are expected to seal Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) offices in Lilongwe Read more
The Lilongwe Chief Resident Magistrate Court has given both State and Defense 21 days to file their final submissions before Read more
BRITISH EMBASSY CELEBRATES QUEEN'S BIRTHDAY The British Embassy in Lilongwe is celebrating Queen Elizabeth's birthday and her 70-year reign. Different Read more
Namiwa rebuffed National Intelligence Service (NIS) director general Dokani Ngwira has rejected Centre for Democracy and Development Initiatives’ (Cdedi) request Read more
The Lilongwe Magistrate Court has adjourned to 14 June, a case involving social media activist Joshua Chisa Mbele. Mbele appeared Read more
Renowned international businessperson Zuneth Sattar has, for the first time, come out in the open to respond to alleged corruption Read more
- Mussa John Parade Shifted To Sept 22
- Namalomba Hits Chakwera On High Fuel Hike
- Archbishop Msusa slams Matola for calling Malawians frogs
- Parliament Summons Robin Lowe On K30 Billion Fertilizer Scam
- Matola Accuse DPP Regime On Current Electricity Woes
- Chakwera To Blow k1.4 Billion At UNGA
- ACB Should Be Immediately Disbanded For Incompetent
- Martha Chizuma's ACB Substandard Report Backfires, Chakwera Deceived
- A Test Of Recall Provision
- 'MACRA REVOKES LICENCES"
- CDEDI TELLS RBM GOVERNOR TO RESIGN FOR INDECISIVENESS,…
- Former Finance Minister Mwanamvekha Speaks On Current…
- Nankhumwa Schools President Chakwera
- Mbadwa Zokhudzidwa Press Release On Anti Corruption Bureau…
- Malawi Attorney General claims billions in unpaid tax from…
- K455 billion Domestic Debt Instruments Mature In Fourth…