The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) has arrested three ward councilors in Karonga on suspicion of illegal land sales.
The councilors are alleged to have received money amounting to over K2 million in 2019 from Karonga market vendors.
The three have been identified as Ngasalamuyo Mwangonde for Kapolo Ward, Smart Kayira for Rukuru Ward and Steven Simsikwe for Chilanga Ward.
Meanwhile, Spokesperson for Karonga Police Station, George Mlewa has confirmed the arrests.
Lawyers representing concerned citizen Frighton Phompho have applied to the court to be allowed to cross-examine Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) Director Read more
Mbadwa zokhuzidwa finally symbolically sealed ACB told Malawi to stop recognising Martha Chizuma as ACB Director https://youtu.be/bC2JVIDKHZI
When President Lazarus Chakwera described Anti-Corruption Bureau Director General Martha Chizuma “s report” Substandard “on suspected corrupt officers in his Read more
Chilima, Kapondamgaga be reinstated Zuneth Sattar To Be Apologised When President Lazarus Chakwera described Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) Director General Martha Read more
By Deus Chikalaza The truth be told that mainstream (conversional) Malawi media including Malawi Broadcasting Cooperation (MBC) Nation Newspaper, Times Read more
A group of Mbadwa zokhudzidwa za Malawi has raised concern with what they have described as “continued stubbornness” of Anti-Corruption Read more
Renowned and fierce human rights activitist Undule Mwakasungula has accused office of the Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) Director General Martha Read more
Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) under Martha Chizuma has sought time to organise witnesses in a case it is accusing businessperson Abdul Read more
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) Director General Martha Chizuma was no show for Sunday’s Times Hot Current program despite her confirmation Read more
The embattled Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) Director General is reportedly threatening Gosten Chinseu who provided to ACB information on the 44 Read more
- Mapeto David Whitehead Tax Evasion Case To Start Next Year
- State To Parade 16 Witnesses In Abdul Karim Batatawala Immigration Case
- Chimulirenji Implicated In Fertiliser Scandal
- PLEM CONSTRUCTION DUBIOUSLY AWARDED CHANCO ADMINISTRATION BLOCK CONSTRUCTION DEAL
- H ADAM WHOLESALERS IMPLICATED IN ALLEGATIONS OF FRAUD AND FOREX EXTENALISATION!
- Court Rejects Request To Vary Karim's Bail Conditions
- SF International goes to bed with MDF’s General Nundwe, Police Brass amid eye brows
- Suspected Criminal Frees Out of Malawi before Being Arrest
- Corruption at its best: Embattled Mapeto Executives tax invasion case’ documents missing
- MRA Catches Chita One Pants Down Smuggling Liquor Using MDF TATA