Rumphi Development and Accoutability Forum-RUDAF in conjunction with Civil Society Organisation Network in the district are demanding explanation from Rumphi district council on how the council used K15.9 million on a newly built toilet at guardian shelter at Rumphi district hospital.
RUDAF chairperson Moir Walita accused the council of constructing a small and substandard toilet.
In reaction district commissioner for Rumphi Emmanuel Bulukutu says there was no mismanagement of funds during the construction works of the facility.
Meanwhile Bulukutu says if they are not satisfied with council’s explanation they can take further steps.
This toilet constructed by Rumphi district council is worth 15.9 million kwacha according to the district council. This figure has Read more
A group of business people who applied for National Economic Empowerment Fund (Neef) loans in Mzuzu tstormed office premises for Read more
Malawi Police Service has engaged traditional healers in Mwanza on how to protect persons with albinism in the district. Speaking Read more
In a shocking tale to absorb, ACB boss Martha Chizuma has taken her corruption fight against her bosses, openly going Read more
According to Chitipa Police PRO Gladwell Simwaka, on March 7, 2022 the victim Blair Kuyokwa, 35, returned home in the Read more
Police in Lilongwe have for the second time this month recovered household items and other property worth over 23 million Read more
*Police at Bangwe in Blantyre have arrested three suspects and recovered some items they allegedly stole at Namiyango Assemblies of Read more
The Citizen Advancement for Economic Revolution has described the anti-Ashok Nair demonstrations scheduled for tomorrow Wednesday as criminal in nature. Read more
Izi zadza chifukwa bread wakwela mtengo kufika pa 1 000 Kwacha m'modzi , m'magolosale ena. Akuluakulu ena omwe ali ndi Read more
- Mirece conducts AIP research in Dowa
- Dowa CSO network assures of voicing out impunity
- Two Arrested For Possessing Live Pangolin
- Three sentenced to 4 years imprisonment with hard labour over the offence of fraud.
- Kalibu Academy Sexual Abuse Hearing Allegations Case Adjourned
- Refugee haunts Camp wide verification exercise
- Reclaiming land to dine like kings – the tale of Mchinji farmers
- We did not recruit underage candidates — Malawi Police
- Why NFRA Took A Month Before Reporting Kachere To Police?
- Organisation Donates Chlorine To Ndirande Residents
- Investigator Bob Mtekama’s Mysterious Death Continues to…
- Namadingo Accused QECH Plotting To Loot K15 Million For…
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson accused of corruption
- Govt to Complete Health Infrastructure Abandoned by RBF4MNH
- Martha Chizuma's ACB Substandard Report Backfires, Chakwera…
- Zomba stadium capacity cut