The Lilongwe Magistrate Court has adjourned to 14 June, a case involving social media activist Joshua Chisa Mbele.
Mbele appeared before Senior Magistrate, Wanagwa Nyirenda, in Lilongwe to hear an application from State prosecutors who want the court to revoked his bail for failure to comply with conditions set.
The court heard that Mbele continues to write posts on social media that infringe on other people’s rights contrary to conditions the court set for his bail.
However, Mbele’s Lawyer, Gilbert Khonyongwa, said the evidence being tendered in court is insufficient.
By Apawo Kwayera WHY BASHING SATTAR IS JUST CURING SYMPOTOMS Social media activists—mostly Idriss Ali Nassah, Onjezani Kenani, Joshua Mbere Read more
Today 3rd June 2022 is another memorable day in the history of women empowerment as Colleen Zamba has been sworn Read more
Hellen Buluma, the embattled NOCMA Acting CEO and a Democratic Progressiclve Party (DPP) National Governing Council Member recorded Former Minister Read more
Some concerned citizens under the banner ‘Mbadwa Zokhudzidwa Za Malawi’ are expected to seal Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) offices in Lilongwe Read more
The Lilongwe Chief Resident Magistrate Court has given both State and Defense 21 days to file their final submissions before Read more
BRITISH EMBASSY CELEBRATES QUEEN'S BIRTHDAY The British Embassy in Lilongwe is celebrating Queen Elizabeth's birthday and her 70-year reign. Different Read more
Namiwa rebuffed National Intelligence Service (NIS) director general Dokani Ngwira has rejected Centre for Democracy and Development Initiatives’ (Cdedi) request Read more
Renowned international businessperson Zuneth Sattar has, for the first time, come out in the open to respond to alleged corruption Read more
BY APAWO KWAYELA WHY BASHING SATTAR IS JUST CURING SYMPOTOMS Evil Plans Against Sattar Won't Succeed Social media activists—mostly Idriss Read more
- Five cooking oil companies under probe
- Attorney General To Address Malawians In Diaspora
- EGENCO Accuse ESCOM On Payments
- State and Defense Given 21 days to file final submissions On Collins Magalasi Case
- Cannabis Pharmaceutical Factory To Roll Out
- Fiscal Police Nab Mulli, Muhara
- Namalomba Hits Chakwera On High Fuel Hike
- MERA Seals Off Meru Filling Station For Illegal Hoarding Of Fuel
- Mirece supports land reclamation bought by foreigners
- Concern Citizens Seals ACB Office
- Court Adjourns Joshua Chisa Mbele's Case
- Citizens For Impunity, Mbele Warns ACB To Stop Pursuing Case…
- Malawians Protest High Cost of Living, Alleged Corruption
- Revealed: National Crime Agency In Crisis Over Unlawful…
- Sattar Case, Names Mentioned Are Mistaken, Hearsay And…
- Judge Dismissed Anti- Corruption Bureau application With…