Water and Sanitation Ministry is reportedly facing a deficit of 8.5 million dollars to immediately respond to persistent Cholera outbreak.
Responsible Minister, Abida Mia told journalists in Lilongwe on Tuesday that currently the ministry has only managed to mobilise 2.9 million dollars.
However, the ministry has so far stepped up efforts to ensure sanitation in townships and communities by reconnecting all the water kiosks and water boards.
It says they are providing water bousers to hard to reach areas and extending pipe networks to fight the pandemic.
Government says the suspended schools opening in Blantyre and Lilongwe will have to wait for about two weeks for authorities to monitor the Cholera situation.
Health Minister and Co-chairperson of the Presidential Taskforce on Covid-19 and Cholera, Khumbize Kandodo Chiponda said that 12 people were found dead in Blantyre due to the pandemic and some were in school toilets.