Former Homeland Security Minister Uladi Mussa, who was convicted and is currently serving a five year jail term for fraudulently aiding foreign nationals to acquire Malawi passports and citizenship, has applied for bail pending appeal.
According to the court affidavits Rainbow has seen, Mussa, through his lawyer, Chancy Gondwe, bases his arguments on the delays to process his appeal as the main factor for the bail application.
In 2020, Justice Chifundo Kachale convicted and sentenced Mussa and two others to 5 years Imprisonment with Hard Labour.
Currently, former Justice Minister Ralph Kasambara and business tycoon, Thom Mpinganjira are on bail pending their appeals.
EU and Britain ramp up pressure on government to act as street demonstrators converge on Lilongwe Hundreds of rights campaigners Read more
Dust is refusing to settle for Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) Director Martha Chizuma as she has been taken to task to Read more
Minister of Foreign Affairs Nancy Tembo clarifies why the president is attending the meeting in America. She says the president Read more
New 31-member cabinet includes six figures who are related to each other, although not to the president. Chakwera, 65, comfortably Read more
Businessman Zameer Karim is facing a charge of intent to defraud Ecobank over K850 million, which is connected to Police Read more
Mr Mustak Chotia, the mafia who masterminded the kidnapping of Shayona Cement Managing Director has implicated Mr Dipak Jevant, Managing Read more
Kadadzera: We are still investigating The issue of kidnapping and attempts on Indian community in Malawi with evil intentions is Read more
Mr Mustak Chotia, the mafia who masterminded the kidnapping of Shayona Cement official has implicated Mr Dipak Jevant, Managing Director Read more
- Multichoice Donates Tv Sports Broadcasting Equipments To MBC
- Mentors International CEM saluted for providing basic vocational trainings
- 138 DELEGATION OF CHAKWERA TO SCOTLAND
- MBC Compensate Family Of Blessings Nyondo Shot by the corporation’s guard
- Mustaq Chotia Implicates Mr Dipak Jevant mastermind kidnapping Shayona Boss
- NONM To Call Nationwide Strike To Force Police To Release Mainje Suspected Insulting President Chakw...
- Zuneth Sattar’s investigation: Why is ACB only exposing suppliers while hiding officers who awards c...
- Govt Officials Threatening Me – Buluma
- MWENYE KIDNAPPING SAGA: Mustak Chotia implicates Mr Dipak Jevant of Sealand Investments
- DPP prays for Malawians as Cyclone Halima looms